Welcome to my page, and hope you enjoy reading the Embedded Project Hunter blog.
Graduated with a BE(Hons) in Communication and Electronic Engineering. I am currently studying for a diploma in IT in Sydney as an international student to expand my knowledge. Interested in telecommunication, electronic and IT industries. Looking forward to getting a job related to IT and engineering field.
EVENTS/ HAPPENINGS/ CAREERS
【1】Event: Present Around The World (PATW) Competition – Runner Up
Present Around the World is the Institution of Engineering and Technology’s global competition for Young Professionals and Students within engineering to develop and showcase presentation skills. A total of seven finalists from various universities including Swinburne Sarawak University and Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) competed by taking to the stage and presenting on a wide variety of topics. The selected champion will be representing Malaysia to compete with other countries in Beijing city. The runner-up title was awarded for Kent’s presentation on the design of microstrip patch antenna.
【2】Event: Poster Competition – Second Prize Winner
In conjunction with the ICISCA 2015, undergraduate students are eligible to participate in Student Poster competition. The topic of the competition can be any work related to ICISCA 2015. Participants are required to present their topics based on the A1 size poster prepared. There are 12 groups of participants coming from different universities around Malaysia. Kent’s poster and presentation on microstrip antenna for 5G application were awarded second prize with a cash incentive of RM500.
【3】Event: Telecommunication Conference Speaker
International Conference on Information, System and Convergence Applications was held from 24 June to 27 June 2015 at Kuala Lumpur. Kent’s research topic of design and simulation of a microstrip patch antenna for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications are presented during the conference. Researchers with common interest gathered and discussed the project involved. Aside from networking with other international researchers, great knowledge is learned from their research topic too.
【4】Event: Gold Medal Award
The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) Gold Medal is awarded to the best final year engineering student in each of the local institution of higher learning. Kent is awarded for his outstanding academic result together with the high achievement scored in extracurricular activities and involvement in competition be it locally or internationally. This award is a form of quality and performance recognition by one of the biggest professional bodies in Malaysia.
【5】Event: Speaker for Engineering Week
During IEM engineering week 2015, Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) organised the Engineering Invention and Innovation Exhibition at 1 Utama Shopping Centre. Kent is appointed to be one of the public speakers to inspire audiences to consider engineering as a career choice. It is indeed a whole new level of public speaking as the audience are a mixture of professional engineers and the general public. The design of microstrip patch antenna is presented together with some sharing on the journey of engineering life.
【6】Career: Technical Support Trainee (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Company: TimeTec Computing Pvt Ltd
- Industry: Combining powerful applications for PCs, web and cloud-based systems, TimeTec Computing offers quality biometric time attendance and door access hardware and solutions for various companies worldwide.
- Project Involved: Fingertec (Fingerprint biometric products), Timetec Cloud-based software (Level 1 Technical Support).
- From Sept 2014 to Dec 2014 (4-Months internship)
Repair faulty electronic components by performing hardware troubleshooting. Install LAN cables. Reply to technical support emails, phone calls, and live chats while providing solutions to the clients with a varied level of technical knowledge. Achieved overall user satisfaction rating of 4.9/5.0 which is 10% higher than average.
【7】Career: Front Office Engineer (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Company: Huawei Technologies (M) Pvt Ltd
- Industry: Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider and telecommunication service provider.
- Project Involved: Malaysia Celcom Prepaid and Postpaid Projects
- From Sept 2015 to Dec 2015 (4-Months internship)
Responsible for system surveillance of complete mobile network and maintenance on 24/7 basis, event detection, investigation, and reporting. Team up with other technicians to handle all the trouble tickets end-to-end, till resolution. Closed 90% of trouble tickets on the first call without escalation. Above all, positive Chinese management and result-oriented working culture are imposed. Under stressful working environment, these cultural differences are adapted.
【8】Career: Project Director’s Assistant (Gurgaon, India)
- Company: ZTE Telecom India Pvt Ltd
- Industry: ZTE is a Chinese multinational telecommunications equipment and systems company, which also provides repair, support, and maintenance services for its telecom equipment.
- Projects Involved: India BSNL GU 14.5M Lines Project, BSNL East Zone Project, BSNL West Zone Project, BSNL Expansion Projects, BSNL EPC Project.
- From June 2016 to May 2017 (1-Year)
Work as a team in Engineering Project Management Office, manage and monitor outsourced manpower for projects. Design project plan, collect and analyse project rollout progress, and assist in managing projects in term of scope, cost, and progress. A project is awarded 2% incentives as the project completed two months earlier before the contracted deadline by means of improved documentation procedure and effective management.
【9】Career: Sales Associate (Sydney, Australia)
- Company: Vodafone Hutchison Australia
- Industry: VHA is an Australian telecommunications company providing mobile and fixed broadband services.
- From Sept 2017 to present.
Outstanding sales performance, hitting 180% of sales target, ranking top 3 as one of the NSW top performers in 2018. Consistent NPS, hitting above 80% throughout the period.
My contact details:
Name: Kent Wong
Mobile: 0481 878 188 (Australia)